Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wake Me Up When May Ends.

So I've been on this Green Day kick lately.
I have listened to them on repeat for about 2 weeks now.
Yeah, I'm lame.
:)

For a few updates, for those who even care:
I have two weeks remaining of my first year of college.
Oh my goodness.
I can't even begin to express how in awe I am at how fast it flew by.
There were more than enough all-nighters of drawing and painting,
but I secretly loved every painstaking minute.
Well, painting that is...
I AM SO SICK OF DRAWING.
I really need a break from that nonsense.
And it's not that drawing itself is nonsense,
but still lives and pointless stuff that you are forced to draw, ughhh.
It gets so monotonous.
And now that I've drawn so many nude models,
nudity doesn't even phase me anymore.
Not good.
But it's almost over! I even have a "Countdown to Freedom" corner of my whiteboard,
currently at 11 days!
:D

As far as a social life,
haaa, yeah, it's sadly still almost nonexistent.
I never have time to go out and do anything.
My idea of fun this year has been:
"Hey! You should come to my room and we can do our work together!"
And for my sanity's sake, I have taken some time off to go to some shows.
And they were all fantastic and worth the time and money.
But what's even better is when they are free!
My friend Toria and I went to one of those on Friday.
Well, first we went and got our hair done at the Paul Mitchell School,
that was an experience,
and then we went to this cute little coffee shop/bar and saw Allison and AJ Weiss play.
It was free!
I had forgotten just how fantastic she was.
They are talented to say the least.

And on a closing note,
because I have to go, well, draw...
I plan to do A LOT of things with everyone this summer,
so let me know if you want to do something crazy!
(Within reason, you know me.)
(Or maybe you don't?)
:)

3 comments:

Dakota Floyd said...

Was that the Kavarna show? Toria mentioned she was going to that.

PS -- I'm living near Little 5 this summer / interning at WonderRoot...You should come see me!

deanapaige said...

Yes, it was.
And yes! I invited her along!
:)

And PS -- It figures you will be living in Atlanta right after I leave. =P
Haa, but I'll be down a lot, so will do!

Rawley said...

Deana Dean Deana
I'm getting my license on Wednesday of next week :]!
And, if I remember correctly, you only have about 5 days left of school.

So I'm probably going to start living at your house occasionally.
Since you and my best friend will be conveniently under roof :]

I love you
and can't wait to see you a lot!